Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

everything is dandelion

so the day goes auto flying...that is, on pilot....a wonderful English 1A class and I enjoyed our discourse....ended up asking them to all sign up for twitter accounts so I can easily text them if and when class is cancelled....save a parking spot, sleep in.

off to teach creative writing, my plum and joy....waited nine years to get this class and it's a splendid evening assignment, with already 40 people signed up - either I'm really popular or classes are so packed that people are taking whatever they can get. Maybe both.

I want to add a disclaimer to my friends and fans (tongue in cheek on that one) for bearing with my kvetching of recent past. If you haven't and don't want to read it, it is the posting from Aug 30, titled Post Partum Professor. It's shouldered off now and the cord snapped off and I'm holding up better than I'd ever have thought I would, even managed to get a few poetic inspiration lines scratched and caught up on my texting during an Ed Tech meeting, reconvened with a few longtime friends/colleagues, my friends Claudia (librarian) and Bina (Information Systems Administrator) and....

I have a fresh pot of coffee cooking in the empty faculty lounge, guess I'm the only one in our division besides our Italian teacher Prof. Sottile to be teaching an evening class. And as my older brother John convinced me on the phone last night, hey...now, I only have to work for me...so it will be all fun and parties when I'm not at work from now on - no pressure to run a household and be a fulltime parent. What has haunted me now seems like opportunity. At golden, heat compressed last.

No comments:

Post a Comment